Does Supabase sign up not automatically log the user in?

I have a sign up flow where

1. the user inputs their email and password → creates a user on Supabase → redirects to a separate form containing more profile information.
  2. the separate form with more profile information (full name, location, interests, etc.) are then written to a separate Supabase profiles table that references the auth users uuid as primary id.

I have no problem when I test the above by manually logging in after I create an account, then go to the more profile information form and fill it out to update the Supabase profile record.

However, I want the above to be a smooth two-step process at the beginning of account creation. When I create a new account then fill out the more profile info form, it seems as though I am not technically logged in, failing to write to the Supabase profiles table.

Is there any way to ensure with account creation on the Supabase sign up form, I am automatically logged in? Or am I misunderstanding completely? Thank you!

Might be two things,

1. Users haven’t yet confirmed their account
  2. There is a tutorial somewhere, where @Joyce shows how to get the session. It basically consists in Signup → Redirect to a blank page → Redirect to your page this way, the app gets the session loaded.

I’d need more info to understand the issue. Currently, doing Signups in Supabase and WeWeb is a little tricky anyway, hopefully we get an overhaul with the new update.

1 Like

Ah yes users haven’t confirmed their account yet in this scenario. I guess no way to bypass that? And having trouble finding the video by @Joyce unfortunately; though I have set it up currently like the below:

Hello :wave:

Here’s a link to the “Build with Supabase” playlist on our YouTube channel.

And the link to the user auth intro video.

Does that help?

1 Like

You can bypass it if you turn off the “Confirm email” setting in Auth > Providers > Email

3 Likes

I think this works! Thank you.

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to replicate the signup redirect from the User Authentication with Supabase tutorial on YouTube with @Joyce. I am using the Signup page with new credentials, a new user is created in Supabase, but the page does not redirect to the page I assigned. And WeWeb does not change authenticated status from false to true. I am authenticating with Supabase and have not changed the Supabase Site URL from the default localhost:3000. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I figured it out.