Dear WeWeb Entrepreneurs: A Free Business Idea

One of the most frustrating things about using a tool like Google’s Page Speed Insights is seeing that your site is not performing well in terms of speed and then not understanding 80% of their suggestions. It feels like a doctor handing you a bunch of complicated lab results, telling you things aren’t great, and then leaving the room.

For example, here is a report I just ran and it’s clear work needs to be done. However, I have little clue what of these improvements I even have control over. “Reduce JavaScript execution time for js/4846.16ed2552.js” Huh?

So here is the tool:

1. User runs a report on Google, then copies the link.

2. They paste the link into your tool and select the CMS/platform the site is built on (Wordpress, WeWeb, Bubble, etc)

3. The tool then uses AI to read the report and then, knowing the platform the site is built on, gives SPECIFIC and ACTIONALBLE advice on what needs to be fixed in language that a non-developer like myself would understand.

I’ll be your first customer!

1 Like

Use https://gtmetrix.com/ and check the explainations.

I agree that it would be helpful to have more actionable insights. Other than using gtmetrix as was already mentioned, have you tried pasting the improvements in ChatGPT? I have just tried it and it seemed to produce reasonable results in terms of explaining the potential cause and how it could be improved. You might need to ask a couple of follow-up questions but it might be a good starting point until someone has built the tool for you.

the point is that anything related to bundling strategies, js execution, and a lot of request chains are not under your control. It’s something that you are delegating to weweb, it’s where you get some of the development speed.
Most of the advice that you get there is for cases where you handle the whole process.
In you other topic the link you posted seems to have a lot of delay because the section is rendered only after all the images are loaded, versus progressively loading and rendering the images. Maybe you can think about what do you have/do in that section that requires all the data to be loaded. Maybe you can try to recreate a test page where you reduce everything at the bare minimum and see if it’s slow or fast. This also has the benefit of having a better starting point to get support.

2 Likes