Date fields in Airtable coming through to WeWeb as text

Hi there,

I’m restarting this thread because a previous thread was identified as a WeWeb bug in April, but has gone quiet.

I have some date fields in Airtable that are coming across as text fields in WeWeb:

Airtable

WeWeb

It’s a problem in my app, because it means I can’t filter using greater/less than a user-specified date, or do charts with a date axis, or do date sliders. (I have a workaround for the first problem, but not the second two.)

Is there a date field type in WeWeb? Is there a way of using it with Airtable date fields?

Many thanks!

Dates are basically either strings (like ISO) or integers (timestamps).

In order to use those in functions, you can use WeWeb’s OOTB date functions. Can’t remember the details (on mobile now), but one of them can change it to timestamps if I remember correctly. That would certainly allow you to evaluate dates amongst each other.

Thanks @gbeaudoin

Last time I posted, Quentin said this:

"It’s indeed an issue on our side. We’re currently looking on how to fix this.

In the meantime, you could use frontend filters directly on your page by casting back the text data as a date using nocode dates formulas."

I’ve been using that workaround, but it’s quite a lift for things like charts and sliders. I’m hoping the bug gets fixed.

1 Like

@aurelie @Quentin do you have any thoughts on this? Please help!

As @gbeaudoin mentioned, you should treat them as strings or use Airtable formula filters to do this:
CleanShot 2023-07-17 at 17.04.19

Otherwise, use frontend filters with converted dates.

This is a limitation of the Airtable API, which sends back strings and not timestamps :confused: