DataGrid field with text from linked tables doesn't display after fetching data

Hi there,

I am have a Xano backend with user and org tables linked via the user_id. Where an org belongs to a user (owner).

I have a DataGrid listing all the Orgs and want to display their owners. To do so I have a lookup in the Init value of the cell to get the name from my user table. At first it all works, but then I run workflow to add another org and refresh both collections, the organizations and the users. This updates the data grid with another row. When I return to the DataGrid only some values are populated. Basically every row that moves after adding or deleting an item says “undefined” in preview mode, and then is empty in edit mode.

When I select an empty item and look at the result from the formula, there is a value, but it doesn’t display:

If I fetch the user collection manually again, it populates them, but I already fetched it after my workflow completes and I make sure that all collections are load. So why is it not displaying. Seems like a bug in the data grid.

Anyone know what’s going on? Help would be appreciated.

I solved this issue by using Xano’s Addon feature and adding the user data to my org table in the API response. That said it will be great to know if I did something wrong in the Data Grid or if this is a bug.