Datagrid - adding new column doesnt allow this column to be editable

Hi, Working with the datagrid, I added another column and ensured this field is set to “Editable”. However when I click the edit icon, all the original columns are displaying the white editable box around the text but not my new column?
At the moment I am bounding this column to a text dummy data and this field is also set to text.
Any suggestions?

Hi @kdjamo :wave:

Oh that’s strange! I thought it might be a case where you’d need to refresh the page but I just tried it in one of my projects and it seems to work fine.

Could you record a short video showing how things are setup in your project and report a bug here?

Apologies, is there a way to share the loom video? I have one ready but cant see how to embed.

The link to view is here Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Oh wow. Yeah, that definitely looks like a bug. I was able to reproduce it on my side this time. I was missing the “Delete” step.

Did you report here already?

FYI, I created an internal bug ticket as well but if you create the ticket on your side, you’ll be able to monitor its progress :slight_smile:

Thanks Joyce,

I did report the bug, and they indicate its just the way it currently works for any new fields you add. I have manually adjusted the CSS settings to make my new fields match, so its workable.

1 Like

Ah ok, I didn’t realize this but indeed, for others who might be experiencing the same issue, if you give your newly created Cell - text a fixed height of 40px for example, then you’ll be able to edit the text:

Then you can add some padding and borders as well or style it in whatever way you like.

FYI, the team is looking to improve this in the future so it’s more intuitive :slight_smile:

1 Like