Complex SQL queries to build charts

I am attempting to build charts from rather complex SQL queries from my database and I am wondering I I need to combine WeWeb with another platform or if it is feasible to have rather complex SQL queries somewhere.

My database is a rather large SQL database of users/products/posts/etc from a variety of social media platforms that I wanted to curate into charts. For example, show total followers over time for a specific user, or show the top 10 biggest users by follower count, etc.

After connecting Weweb to my Supabase DB and tinkering for a few hours, perhaps I need to use a different app to actually build these rather complex dashboards and then just embed those as iFrames/React/Vue within Weweb? Let me know if anyone has thoughts on the matter, but I think perhaps the queries/formulas I want to write would be better suited outside of the formula bar that Weweb offers.

you could use something like power bi or Qlik to make the reports and then display those reports in weweb, Alexis has mentioned in this post you can embed into weweb.

1 Like

I second sam1’s point. I’ve used Databox, PBI, Tableau, ChartJS, Anychart, and Tinybird (more SQL friendly w/an API endpoint attached) and usually fed my data to my backend (Xano) and only showed the arrays required to build the complex charts. But yes, you’ll need to either iFrame your way in or condense your statements down to something enough for a chart tool to ingest from your output. Might I suggest Anychart as they have a wide array of chart selections and customizability (way more than ChartJS).

2 Likes