How to access input-value variable when input field is in collection item container?

I looking to add custom increase/decrease buttons to an integer input field. I have successfully done it on a normal form (Number input form field with associated step arrows/buttons).

I am now trying to do the same, but on an input field that is inside of a collection item. When I go to setup the change variable workflow on button press, the input-value variable is not available to be selected. I assume this is because there could be any number of these variables because it’s in collection. Is there a workaround? If I enable the arrows option on the input component, it works. I just need custom arrows.

TIA

You’re gonna be famous for this.

Thank you @dorilama , those are the posts I used to get the dynamic form working. After re-reading, I still didn’t see a way to update the value shown in the input field using a button click and workflow using no-code. I ended up using the JS route of binding the input field ID and using getElementById to access and update the current value of the input field and update the array variable holding the form value.

Here’s a brief video of how I got it to work. If there is a better way to do it, I’d appreciate the advice.

this is completely not needed. To dynamically change an input value you need to bind the initial value to a variable and then change tha variable. 100% doable with nocode. It’s just a matter of creating the right variable. You can use an array and bind the values by index or you can use an object and bind the values by id.this example does it with an array for a list of checkboxes but the same principle applies for any input.

1 Like