Can you edit components (globally) from within the project ui kit?

I’ve created some buttons within my project ui kit. When I want to reuse these buttons across my site, I drag them from the ui kit onto respective pages. Is it possible to edit components such as a button from within my ui kit and have it applied globally wherever I’ve placed the button similar to how instances in multi-page sections work?

I’m aware that I can change colors & typography globally by linking the buttons to the design system but what about button width, heights and other styles?

2 Likes

This feature is actually only available for section.
We are working on a “class” concept like Webflow which will let you do exactly that for element as well :).

1 Like

that would be a powerful feature! looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Hi @aurelie . I’ve added a Header section to the ‘UI kit’ and then added this header to various pages. When I make changes to the Header section, I would expect it to change all instances of the Header section, but unfortunately, it isn’t updating.

If it is supposed to, I’m wondering if there is something I need to do to push the change globally?

I think I figured it out. You can use the 'multi-page section area to link a section to another one.

1 Like

Yes that’s it, you need to link the section when you drop them.
So do not add them for the UI Kit (which are template), but from the existing sections on the app