Bug: Date element changing into Text Element

Hello,
I am trying to attach Date element on to the page and it is turning into a Text element.

(attaching more screenshots)

It appears that no matter where I drop the Date element on the page, it is changing to a Text element and not just inside of the table.

@Joyce Can you help with this?

Supporting Screenshot 2:

Supporting Screenshot 3:

Oh yes. I am facing the exact same issue. Hopefully they fix this.

I ended up using the date plugin + formatDate formula from the plugin and that works.

Hi, the basic date element is not an input to enter a date, its only a text with date formatting capability, but you can also do it with the date plugin and a text element as @raelyn did.

But maybe I misunderstood you ?

1 Like

Thank You, Alexis for your response. I understand the Date element is not an input to enter date. My issue is when I attach the date element to the page (in my example as a column in the table) it is not giving me date formatting capability. It is showing me text element settings. For reference I am building an example provided in the weweb Academy. I am on lesson: https://academy.weweb.io/lesson/build-a-proof-of-concept/display-items-from-collection/

I want the date element to look like as shown in the lesson. Am I missing something?

Nope, you’re not missing anything. That looks like a bug.

Can you report it here?

(I can open the ticket on my side if you prefer but if you open it, it’ll be more easy for you to follow our progess)

1 Like

Cool. No worries. I can open it. Thank You

1 Like