Bar chart does not display properly when I change axis

I built a bar chart in guided mode. It displays fine when the X axis displays the measure – all thirteen measures show.

When I change the Axis property from “X” to “Y” in the Chart.js the chart rotates just fine but only 4 of the 13 measures show (and expand to fill all of the vertical space). It doesn’t seem to matter what display properties or Sizing I use on either the the chart itself or the enclosing Div.

I can build this on chart js using the indexAxis: property.

Maybe I need to build this in Advanced mode?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @SteveB :wave:

You definitely can do it in Advanced mode. Here are a couple of videos that explain how to go from Chart JS to WeWeb’s Advanced mode.

Not sure if you can do it in Guided mode but I’d love to find out and (if you can’t) maybe ask the product team to make it possible in the future.

Could you share a short video of what the chart looks like when you build it in chart js and where you’re struggling in WeWeb?

Hi Joyce! First, I just want to say how fantastic your videos are … I’ve taken lots of technical training and I really think your videos are the BEST! Well done and Thanks! I keep re-watching and find new / better ways to do things (next is API management center).

Now I have a really dumb question. I’ve made the screen recording but don’t know how to upload. Tried the upload icon and a bunch of different file formats but no luck … .mov, .mp4 and .webm are all greyed out.

I’ll try to “tell the story” in screenshots.

Here is the chart I built with the X axis selected … see how there are 13 measures?

I think the measures on an angle are hard to read, so I want to swap the X and Y axis. When I do, here is what it looks like:

See how only 4 measures (the middle ones) are displayed?

When I change the size of the chart or the size of the enclosing Div, all that happens is the bars get bigger … there seems to be no way to make the chart “fit”. In the image below, I’ve changed the size of the chart from 400px to 700px:

Hope the screenshots help understand … happy to upload a video (if you can tell me how :grinning:)

Thanks in advance for the help.

PS. This isn’t urgent … just trying to learn and wondering if I am missing something about how WeWeb works. Going to try building the chart in advanced mode.