Automatic 'nofollow' on Internal Links in Rich Text Editor

Screenshot:

The Rich Text Editor, using the ‘Set Link’ action automatically adds a ‘nofollow’ attribute to internal links. This default behavior conflicts with our SEO strategy, which relies on effective internal linking to improve site authority and user navigation. I need a way to control the application of ‘nofollow’ on internal links.

Is there an option to disable this automatic ‘nofollow’ addition for links created with the Rich Text Editor’s ‘Set Link’ action? A solution or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @RianTavaresDev :wave:

Great spot! Let me investigate and get back to you on this one.

1 Like

Great spot! We created an internal bug ticket to make all links from the rich text input dofollow by default as you would in standard web dev. This should be fixed this week or next.

We’ll have the product team take some time to explore the topic further to give you the option to add a nofollow attribute. No ETA on that.

Would that work for you?

1 Like

Thank you for the update @Joyce!
Has the change to make all links dofollow been implemented yet?

I also find the option to manually adjust the link attributes very interesting, as it would clearly benefit SEO making possible the creation of internal and external with the right structure.

Hey @Joyce ,
Just a quick update: I’ve tested it and noticed that the dofollow has already been removed. Thanks for the support! If possible, please let me know when the option to manually adjust the link attributes is implemented.

1 Like

Ah yes, sorry I forgot to let you know the update was in production :slight_smile:

It’s on the roadmap but still not prioritized at this time.

1 Like