Anyone using a different app for reporting and dashboards?

My app is used by service companies to perform inspections on properties. They generate a lot of data, which is Xano. I need to offer a reporting and dashboard feature in the app. Trying to figure out if I should build it out myself in WeWeb or use another app and embed it.

Anyone using something like Retool or Domo? Eventually I’d love to have a way for my users to use AI prompts to create their own custom reports and visualizations.

Any suggestions?

Hi @ericp :wave:

If the frontend of your app is already built in WeWeb, I would think you might as well build the reporting and dashboard feature in that same app since you’d already be paying for a plan and have the skills to build it out.

That said, you could definitely build that feature in another tool and embed it in your WeWeb app if that was your preferred solution! Just not sure what the upside would be in that particular case.

For websites/landing pages or native apps vs web-apps for example, I would say it makes sense to use specialized tools whenever possible but in the case you describe, it seems like something you could do in one frontend builder, be it WeWeb or another :slight_smile:

Does that help? Apologies if this sounds too biased, it’s not meant to! :sweat_smile: I would love to know what your concerns / thoughts are about building out all the frontend features in one tool.

Thanks for the reply. My concerns is the complexity of allowing end-users to customize reports. I could probably think of 10 standard reports they would want, but I know there will be 100 more variations that would be requested. Data could be pulled from any combination of 15 tables in Xano.

Trying to accomplish conditional data requests to Xano, having conditional/nested tables in WeWeb seems like a headache to manage long-term. Styling dynamic tables is also a challenge.

I saw this example: Trying to create a Report Builder

My thoughts are a third-party app that specializes in self-service reporting for non-devs may be an easier path, but obviously at a cost. Maybe I should just start with my 10 standard reports…