My experience with WeWeb

I’ve used WeWeb to build my SAAS app and I love it. I would not have been able to build my app without WeWeb and Xano.

I’ve had a desire to tell people about it because I think WeWeb is really amazing.

I’m not a writer or anything, but here you go: https://medium.com/@kevin_wasie/weweb-the-next-big-thing-in-no-code-front-end-4bce936a4500

8 Likes

Preach! Congrats on launching https://www.offerin.io/.

While I’m not a realtor, I just signed up and played around. It looks and feels really good. Awesome work.

I’m curious—did you begin this process with a very granular list of requirements and user stories? Or, perhaps a more open-ended question: how did you end up managing all of the requirements and work to be done?

1 Like

Hey Wes! I had a very minimal plan. I created an excel document and just put the flow of pages that a user would go through, and what each page needed to be able to do. I had an idea for what I wanted the user to be able to do.

I built it as I went… I started with a login page, then built the dashboard home page, then just kinda built it by functionality needed.

It’s probably not the most efficient, but that’s the way my brain worked on it.

I’d never developed something this big at all, so I really learned as I went and learned what was possible as I watched tutorials.

For instance, I’d never heard of magic links before, so I built that in as I learned about it.

If I did this again, I would be way more efficient. There are two big things I learned that would make the app way better:

1. I’d start with a design system. The app has lots of different little design and that because I learned as I went. It would be awesome if I had the design done first somehow and a standard in place on how to display buttons, tables, toasts, etc. I think the weweb components will make that way easier when it is launched.
  2. id build all of the user management flows first. Like login/logout/forgot password/etc…. I was still building those while I was building the business logic, and it made it so that I had to rebuild many parts as I made changes to user management fields.

Id start the app next time with a cohesive design standard and a user management standard.

I really want to build another project or work on another one. It’s a ton of fun and now I’m learning about graphQL which is amazing, and other database systems that offer events, triggers, validation logic and things like that.

4 Likes

Thanks for the context Kevin.

I’m seriously impressed by the end-product, and it goes to know sometimes a very rigid product development process isn’t needed if you have the pure dedication to grind through it all.

Congrats on the accomplishment!

1 Like

Looks great, @kevinwasie!

I’ve gotta ask…did you achieve those home page section backgrounds using gradients in weweb? If so, I’d love to pointer on how to pull that off - looks fantastic!

1 Like

@clncsports 100% of site is built in WeWeb.

Gradients:

1. Create a container and set the position of it too absolute. Set absolute positions wherever you want:
  2. Set size however you want. Those ones there are like 500px by 500 px

opacity to 10
z axis: set to -1 or below the container that you want
overflow: unset
color: linear-gradient(135deg,#CACFFA 0%,#C9D4EF 26%,#AED3FF 53%,#9BFFA5 74%,#D798E1 100%)
corner radius: 100%
custom css: filter: blur(14vh)

You can mess with the colors in the linear gradient creator in WeWeb.

My man…thanks, @kevinwasie!

Hey thanks for the kind words man, the team was truly humbled :purple_heart:

It’s so gratifying to see this posts, because that’s what we aim for. Enabling you building your ideas and showing them to the world :blush:

1 Like

Offerin looks amazing! Well done @kevinwasie :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

@kevinwasie you just made my day. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this piece, it goes straight to our hearts! :hugs:

2 Likes