Airtable Collection - No eligible data

I am trying to create a collection from airtable but there are no values for the fields that I am fetching. The fields all say no eligible data. What am I doing wrong? The fields are all lookup fields in airtable.

Hi @benFortunato :wave:

You are doing nothing wrong. Since you are getting data from the Estimates table, Airtable is returning data from that table only. For related fields, Airtable’s API returns the id of the record from the referenced table.

That’s simply the way Airtable works. If it returned all the info from the related fields in the other tables, it would defeat the purpose of having information in separate tables.

Here’s a video that explains how to work with related fields in Airtable (to display and update those records).

Does that help?

Thanks for the response. There are some older videos that show a “link” depth value to get related fields in an airtable base. This was changed at some point. That was the source of the confusion.

Maybe it would make sense to pull these outdated videos from You tube, or maybe reshoot that bit of the demo that deals with the “link depth?”

Ah yes, thanks for the head’s up! We’ll remove those videos.

We removed the depth option because people didn’t realize how much data they were actually pulling from Airtable. This caused performance issues.

Now we recommend using our lookup formula instead. It encourages better development practices.