Working With SDKs

I’ve got a request from a client to build a product using a particular SDK. Does WeWeb allow us to install SDK’s in our projects for specific integrations?

yes, you can use any javascript library/SDK as long as it’s meant to run in a browser.
You can load it in the editor with a html component or using javascript actions in a workflow.
Another option is to create a plugin with custom code to integrate the SDK. This way you get a normal development experience for the part with code and an enhanced development experience in the editor where the library gets integrated directly with the nocode interface.

1 Like

Which SDK is your client looking to integrate?

SOLIDWORKS 2021 api - SOLIDWORKS API Getting Started Overview

From the page of your link it doesn’t look like something meant to be used in the browser

1 Like

There is a javascript interface for at least part of their offerings - you can read more about one of them here: Getting Started - 2021 - SOLIDWORKS API Help

When you see javascript, that’s a sign you can make it work in a browser. That’s not to say it is easy, but if you have a package, we can at least look at what might work.

1 Like

Hm this is awesome! Thank you @raydeck - seems like i need to do some homework. I have a very specific use case in mind but not sure how to arrive there. Thanks for passing along the link