Is it possible to use external libraries/packages/plugins while creating custom components

Hi there,

I am not a coder, so asking for a friend with which I talked about creating custom components.

I tried a search eithout results, I would like to now if it possible to use (import) external packages (or libraries or pluging) in the code base of a custom component as a baseline or to add additional functionality.

A potential use case is to create a custom calendar component based on Full Calendar with some custom extensions to it. I noticed that there is a vue2 and vue3 npm package available of Full Calendar. So I was wondering if it possible to use that package as starting for custom component development.

My apologies. Although I couldn’t get results using a search, but I did find some topics in this category implying that this is possible indeed. Am I right?

It is possible indeed to import npm packages into weweb custom components.
You can read more in the docs

1 Like

This appears to describe the process of loading the weweb libraries for your development environment not outside libraries.

I posted a similar questions specifically for UI kit libraries: Installing libraries with npm for UI Kit Components - Developer corner - WeWeb Community

There is a you tube video that discusses installing a javascript library for a custom component here: . https://youtu.be/erhzQbhBvJI?t=2474

fyi this is about importing external libraries in a custom code component. It does work in your dev environment and when weweb builds your component for use in the editor and the final app. Of course nothing prevents you to install incompatible libraries or packages that require extra tooling not included by weweb/cli setup, so not every library will work