WeWeb adds double quotes to query variable when using in a collection filter

I have a url query variable called property-id that is set to 5 in the URL.

In the variable explorer, the value shows as 5.

However, when using the variable in the collections filter, there are double quotations around the value, so in this case it shows as “5”.

Is WeWeb doing this on purpose? Or, what am I doing wrong? That seems like strange behavior as I’d now have to remove the quotes to use in the value.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @kevinwasie!

You’re doing nothing wrong :slight_smile:

It’s a bug on our side that will be fixed with the next push to production!

In the meantime, you could make it work by wrapping the property-id variable in a toNumber formula.

Hope that helps!

Hi again @kevinwasie!

Sorry, just realized I misread your question. We’ve had a bug with the values of the select dropdown element and thought you were referring to this.

Actually the behavior you’re seeing when you bind the query string to the URL is NOT a bug.

We are indeed transforming and displaying the property-id value as a string when you bind it to a URL as a query string but that’s necessary because query strings are strings.

I’ve added your comment to our user research as this might be confusing to users! Thanks a lot for taking the time to bring it up. We really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I understand the behavior now. Thank you!

Your tutorial videos are very good and helpful, Joyce!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words @kevinwasie :hugs:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s any specific tutorial you need :grinning: