Using Sass CSS in WeWeb

Hey there guys, again, sounds like a really basic question, but is there anyone who has had success using Sass (sass-lang.com) styling on their WeWeb project?

Any reference material or documentation or even work arounds will be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Sass is available on custom components. It required a build step, this is why its only available here.
What type of sass feature are you searching?

Hey Aurelie,

Not sure if I fully understand the statement that says “it requires a build step…”. Not looking at any particular feature, but I do realise some of the nicer animations on Codepen all use Sass CSS to style. When I tried the few ways I could think of, it does not have the effect applied at all.

Regards,
Murrali

Technically, Sass doesn’t exist and is converted to normal CSS during what we call “a build time”, when an app is built into Vanilla JS and normal CSS.

What Aurélie implies is that you can use Sass in a custom component, as they’ll get “built” and the Sass interpreted as CSS. Indeed, browsers don’t understand Sass.

You could also use a tool like Sass to CSS to copy/paste the final CSS in your WeWeb app: https://codebeautify.org/sass-to-css-converter

2 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you so much for the patience and assistance. Means a lot that you guys come forth to help when need be.

Regards,
Murrali