Update endpoint url after adding Xano custom domain

After adding a custom domain in Xano, how can I refresh the Xano configuration to use the new url without breaking all of my connections?

At the moment it continues to use the original xano url.

@MichaelLovell Did you figure this out? I just upgraded Xano from Build to Launch and need to update the Xano API URL origin per below:

Unfortunately, no.

When I made the same transition from Build to Launch, and added a custom domain, I had to go through and reconfigure my endpoints.

@MichaelLovell As in re-add every endpoint and recreate every collection?

Sorry, but to be honest, I can’t remember precisely what stayed connected and what broke.

They didn’t disappear, but required some reconfiguring.

It certainly caused me a bit of pain (and was an unexpected surprise). I think I submitted feedback/ticket on it.

If it happens to everyone there certainly needs to be greater awareness that the longer you continue to build on free plan in Xano it may have consequences on the frontend due to a new instance being created and therefore the configurations changing.

1 Like

Thanks @MichaelLovell.

Can anyone from WeWeb comment on what is required here please? @Quentin or @Alexis perhaps?

Hey! I had the same problem, there is no solution you just gotta go in and change all the URLs… this time round I’m smarter and saved my Xano base URL as a variable in case and use that, in case it changes in the future :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

@raelyn how did you use a variable for the base url when using the Xano plugin?

I saw how @Joyce did the base url when using REST API, but couldn’t see it working with the Xano plugin. Did I miss something?

My apologies I’m using the Rest API plug-in :grin:

1 Like

Well this sort of sucks. Hopefully WeWeb can address this at some point.

In the meantime, is this a two-step process @MichaelLovell? It seems that I have to:

1. Change the configuration in the Xano and Xano Auth plugins to point to my new Xano instance; and

2. Update every API endpoint URL?

@Dorian I think it’s the only choice. In my case, I just bit the bullet and did it. That said, I’m still fixing endpoints in workflows where the configuration broke and I get a Xano error along the lines of ‘This workspace no longer exists’.

BUT - if there is a safer way I would wait for @Quentin or @Alexis to provide confirmation.

To clarify - my experience was it wasn’t just the url that needed updating. It lost what endpoint the request was pointing to and therefore all of the input values.

Unfortunately, I feel like it’s the price we pay for trying to get as far as we can possible on free plans. There is always a limitation.

My only recommendation would be to go through your endpoint configurations in Weweb and take a lot of screenshots or document them so you can troubleshoot them faster (I didn’t do this.)

1 Like

Thanks @MichaelLovell. I’ll wait and see what the WeWeb folks say before making any changes.

Hi!

Yes its a big issue, we fixed it on the new version. We plan to release it next week!

The new release will allow you to configure a custom domain manually. Also, you may still have to select again your instance in your plugin configuration when your domain change (after a Xano Plan upgrade), but it will be the only action required and your collections/actions will use the new domain automatically :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing thanks @Alexis. I will wait for the new release then!

Hi @Alexis

Is this release still planned for this week please?

Thanks!

We released it this morning! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Alexis, how does that work? I had a Xano instance transfered to a client and reconfigured the Xano and Xano Auth plugin. All collections are still pointing to the old Xano server. Did I miss a step?

How do you know they are still pointing to the old one ? Do you see requests in the network using a wrong domain ?

Sorry, error at my side. I looked at a wrong data set to check the changes and the collection configuration still shows the old server name. So I wrongly assumed it didn’t change.

But the request goes out to the new instance. So everything works fine beside the confusing configuration URL.

No worry, its a display bug we have we will fix it, thanks for reporting it :slight_smile:

1 Like