Supabase - Setting value to NULL

Hey, I’ve got a table in Supabase, where I have 1:1 relationship between a date of a job and the job, and part of the day of the job and the job, so I’ve decided to go with setting it as a column (property) of the table.

When I’m removing the job from the dashboard I’d like to set [job.date] to NULL and [job.part] to NULL as well. When I try returning NULL in JavaScript formula, doesn’t change anything, gets ignored, when I use ""it takes it as a value, not null, I’ve even tried to leave the fields empty, but seems like somewhere between WeWeb’s Supabase plugin, and Supabase, the null gets ignored.

Is there a way to set this without having to bring up the heavy guns such as a custom RPC function? That would be a little absurd.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, do you have your column set as Nullable ?

Hey, yes, it indeed is nullable. Seems like the plugin is just filtering out the null as empty and not even triggering the update. But I’d have to look at the network for that one.

Can you show the config where you setup the UPDATE call?

Hey @jaredgibb, as I mentioned, I tried leaving it blank, setting null like in the example, but nothing seems to work. The On Drag End does trigger indeed, I’ve tested it many times and it works with other workflows.

Sorry to be redundant. That looks like it should work

No worries, I’ll try it out later today and be back with network tabs checked, so I know how the request gets through. Thank you @jaredgibb

1 Like

I think I found out the issue, you can create a ticket on support.weweb.io if you want to track the progress

1 Like

My colleague Martin has already opened the issue. I’ll ask him to tell me how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Broberto ,

I tested on my side to send “null” and it’s working. I asked you in the ticket to send us your project and a video that show how to replicate the issue

1 Like