Sign in as user?

Anyone know if it’s possible to sign in as a user with Supabase Auth? I’d like to use for debugging/testing, and eventually have it as an option for back end staff, with it being logged of when they do so.

If you set up your DB properly with roles, then you’ll have users and staff.

Sign in as a user. Not sign in user.

You need to explain this a little more, because to me, that’s the same. If you sign in a user, you’re signed in as that user, therefore being signed in as an user.

Ah, I see the confusion. My question was more toward if impersonating an account is doable.

Use case is myself and my staff can assist a customer by logging in/impersonating their account to debug/track bugs etc.

I don’t think there would be a simple way to do it. I’d suggest going with something like SuperAdmin to access anything, if the debugging is not bound to User Role

1 Like

Gotcha. Appreciate the input :slightly_smiling_face:

We made a really huge interactive game with different layers of organizations, companies (tens of tables), etc. and this was the approach. Supabase is kinda limited in some things, for example you can’t sign up an anonymous user and use RLS. So yeah, superadmin is the easiest way.

1 Like

Nice. Yeah, I agree prob the way to go. I think their working on improving their rls tho, which would be cool.