Sending multi-select tags to Airtable

Hi there, I am Barrie. I am having a lot of fun learning this tool, which is providing a great way to prototype a UX for our application.

I am experimenting with writing to Airtable tables. I am using the “Multi select” input within a form. I am having trouble getting Airtable to accept multiple entries. It takes the first tag happily, but not subsequent tags.

Does anyone know which column type in Airtable will accept more than one item from the Multi-select input in WeWeb?

Thanks!!

1 Like

Hello! :wave:

Have you tried using the “Multi-select” column type in Airtable?

Don’t hesitate to record a short video walking us through your project to help us figure this out for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Joyce !

I did try that one without success. I have recorded a short video to show you the steps I am taking. I will send this to you.

I’m having the same issue, except mine is a linked multi-select field. I keep getting status code 422 when trying to update the record. I am able to successfully display the record but once selected it doesn’t seem to work.

Hi @blastingbytes :wave:

Would you mind recording a short video walking us through your WeWeb and Airtable setup, showing us what you’ve tried already and where it’s failing?

Thanks!

Hi Joyce! Here’s a video, its a bit long, but hope it explains enough for you to help me out :slight_smile: appreciate it! Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Any thoughts on the video I posted?

Oooh ok, that’s a tricky one.

Would you mind sharing a link to your project (the url of the editor) so I can have a look?

I’ll make a duplicate of the page to play around with it without breaking anything :slight_smile:

Editor - WeWeb | Here you go! Thanks for helping, i’ve been stuck here for several days now :slight_smile: I’m tinkering with other things now.

1 Like

Hi @blastingbytes :wave:

I went through your project and answered the question here during our first Friday Flow live stream.

Hopefully that helps.

Let me know if not!

Thanks! I just finished watching it, it looks like it will solve my issue! Thanks for spending the time answering the question!

1 Like

It works! Just tested it. I will go through the documentation about functions and see if I’m missing anything else that may be helpful!

1 Like

That’s great news! Thanks for letting us know :grinning:

This tutorial is a bit intense (20 minutes) but covers a few key formulas you might find useful (filterByKey, lookup, and rollup)