Seeking Assistance with Dynamic Form Creation and API Submission in WeWeb

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project in WeWeb where I need to dynamically create a form based on the details of a Webflow collection and then submit the filled form data to create a new item in the Webflow collection. Here’s where I’m at and where I need help:

• I am successfully making an API call to Webflow’s GetCollectionDetails function. This call returns the list of fields and their types contained in a collection.
  • Using WeWeb’s “list” block and conditional rendering, I have managed to dynamically display the correct fields based on the collection details. Each field in the collection corresponds to a different input type (e.g., text, image, date).

I am currently stuck on the next step - collecting the values entered in these dynamically generated fields to prepare for an API submission. Because each item of my “list” block in weweb contain all the fields but only the right one is display with the conditional rendering, so how do i get the one who is display with is value. Plus I can’t use a form container because the “list” block isn’t supported inside.

I don’t know so much how to handle that… Is someone as an idea/solution ?

Have a nice day!

You need to bind these values to an object when you input in the fields. @dorilama has an at this point very famous thread about this, it’s super simple.

1 Like