Redirect to a conditional weweb page based on response to a form submission

Hello, I’m making a form that should re-direct to a secondary form depending on the choices the user selected in the first form. The back-end (Xano) can do the logic and return the appropriate weweb page name and/or url, but I’m not sure how get the response headers into weweb variables so that they can be used in the “on success” field of the form container.

Any ideas always much appreciated.

Regards,
Bill

Hey @billdonnelly :wave:

Branching in workflows would be the solution, but isn’t live yet (should be in a few weeks).

What you could do meanwhile is use conditional displays, while having both forms on the same page, and update their display based on the Xano response :wink:

I’ve just been told that binding a change page action is in testing and should be released soon. That should help for your use-case while keeping both pages.

Hi Quentin,

This is great news! Thank you.

It looks like we can know bind a change page action. I tried with the literal page name (coming from the back-end) and that just brings me back to the login page. Should i use a URL or is there a guid that I use to identify the page?

@billdonnelly The pages have a unique ID.

If you are going to be binding it from the backend, you will need to use that ID. Return it as a string and WeWeb will go to that page.

You can get the unique page id by turning on the Developer Panel> Show Dev info.

Or in any of the variable navigators:

If you need to use more query string variables than are available here, see this question where I hope to get an answer soon:

2 Likes

Just tried implementing exactly this…change page action with page bound to the respective page ID im trying to send the user to.

No dice.

It works when testing the workflow in the editor, but in published app it just reloads the current page (home page).

Am I missing something silly here? Or has the expected input changed on the WeWeb side?

@clncsports please provide some more detail … a photo of the workflow, or if there is any error that is helpful. Does the site use authentication and the user isnt authorized for the page it is being sent to?

Hey thanks for the reply, @kevinwasie. User is authorized for the page. I already ripped it out and went with another approach, but here’s what the workflow looked like (just an on click trigger with change page action).

I make a call to my backend to get an array of pages that the user is authorized for, then display that array as a navbar via a collection list.

So I added the page UIDs to that array, which is what you see in item data here