⚡ Pre-rendering for public pages, plus Intercom and Telegram

Hey there :waving_hand:

Today’s release includes, but is not limited to:

  • Pre-rendering for your public pages
  • Two new integrations (Intercom & Telegram)
  • WeWeb AI can now build with eight additional integrations

Learn more :backhand_index_pointing_down:

:rocket: Pre-render public pages for faster loads and better SEO/AEO

WeWeb can now pre-render your static public pages, giving visitors a pre-built version of the page when they first arrive.

That means faster first loads, and content that search engines (SEO) and AI answer engines (AEO) like Google, ChatGPT, Claude, and Perplexity can discover and understand more easily.

This builds on the CSS rendering improvements we released last week, the groundwork we told you was coming. Together they make published WeWeb apps faster: in our internal tests on a large project, the styling WeWeb generates came out around two-thirds smaller.

Pre-rendering is available for static public pages, like a homepage or pricing page.

It isn’t available for private or dynamic pages, and if you make a page private, WeWeb disables pre-rendering automatically.

Any new public page you create has pre-rendering enabled from the start.

On the public pages you have already built, it starts out disabled. Turn it on from Page Settings → Pre-rendering, right under Draft mode, then republish your app.

:puzzle_piece: Two new integrations: Intercom and Telegram

WeWeb now connects natively to two more tools you may already use to communicate with customers.

Intercom. Bring your Intercom companies, leads, and users into the tools you build with WeWeb. Your team can look up customer information, update records, and combine Intercom data with information from your own database, without jumping between platforms. WeWeb’s AI assistant and MCP understand your Intercom connection, so you can ask them to build with your customer data.

Telegram. Connect a Telegram bot and turn it into a two-way channel for your app. Send updates, receipts, photos, and documents to individuals, groups, or broadcast channels. Your workflows can respond when someone sends your bot a message or taps an inline button, and can edit, remove, or forward messages your app has already sent. WeWeb’s AI assistant and MCP can set up the connection and build these workflows for you.

:robot: Let AI build with more of your tools

Connecting a third-party tool used to be a setup job. Now you just describe the outcome you want.

WeWeb AI or Claude or your preferred coding agent through MCP, handles the rest: connecting the tool, selecting the right actions, and wiring the logic together.

Here’s the complete list of 8 newly supported tools:

  • Slack - Post messages and read your channels, users, and conversation history.
  • Google Sheets - Read and update your spreadsheets, and bind a table view to a sheet.
  • Stripe - Work with customers, subscriptions, and checkout sessions, and react to Stripe events in your backend workflows.
  • Resend - Send emails, with attachments.
  • SendGrid - Send emails, with attachments and inline images.
  • Segment - Track events and identify your users.
  • Cloudinary - Upload and manage your images.
  • APITemplate - Generate documents from your templates.

Try out this prompt: When a form is submitted, store it in my google sheets and post a summary to our #sales channel in Slack and email the customer a receipt.

:hammer_and_wrench: Other improvements & fixes

  • Production data in the editor - Eligible customers can copy their production database back into the editor, so you can build and test against real data.
  • AI Ask mode - Ask mode responds normally again when you use it to understand or plan changes to your project.

As always, we hope you enjoy these updates :slightly_smiling_face: Keep the feedback coming!

This is huge as well!

Whatever drugs you been at the last months, get more of it :smiley:

Haha!!

Coffee Time Animation: Pouring Coffee

I’m so glad of the pre-rendered improvement :grin: Much appreciated thanks a lot guys ! :folded_hands:

I just have a quick question, when you say “It isn’t available for private or dynamic pages” what do you mean by dynamic pages ? Is it regarding a dynamic collection page ? Or does that mean that if a static page has a dynamic element in it (for instance a list of items showing data fetch from the backend) we shouldn’t use this new pre-rendering option ?

Thanks in advance for the precision @ishika ! :folded_hands:

Hey @Armand :waving_hand:

Indeed, dynamic collection pages (i.e. pages with a variable in the URL path) do not currently have the option to be pre-rendered. The team has it in mind but we’re not sure yet if/when we will prioritize this.

You can definitely enable pre-rendering on public static pages with dynamic elements in it. All the static content on that page will then be pre-rendered. However, the dynamic elements will not be pre-rendered. Basically, for now, any content that comes from a view, workflow, API call won’t be pre-rendered.

In other words, if a bot visits a public static page with pre-rendering enabled:

  • during its first visit, it will index the page and see the static content that’s on it
  • during its second and subsequent visits, it will also see the dynamic content that’s on that page

Does that clarify things?

Good update. Is MCP ability to create/edit Weweb table views with Supabase integration put off to next week?

Hey @Joyce :waving_hand: Thanks that’s exactly what I wanted to know ! :folded_hands:

Hi,

I’m having an issue with the standard WeWeb Dropdown Menu element on a published website.

To rule out any issue with my setup, I created a completely new page and added a brand-new standard Dropdown Menu element to it. I did not change anything in the element — no custom settings, no workflows, no conditions, no variables, not even the default content.

When I open the published page directly and click the Dropdown Menu trigger, nothing happens. The menu does not open.

However, if I navigate to another page and then return to this page, the exact same Dropdown Menu works perfectly.

I also tested this with page prerendering enabled and disabled:

Prerendering enabled: The Dropdown Menu does not work on the initial direct page load. After navigating to another page and returning, it works.

Prerendering disabled: The Dropdown Menu works immediately, including on the initial direct page load.

I can reproduce the issue both on the WeWeb-hosted published version and on my self-hosted version.

There are no errors in the browser console.

Has anyone else encountered this issue with the Dropdown Menu element when prerendering is enabled? Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

Hey @Artem_De :waving_hand:

i haven’t seen any reports like this. Would you mind creating a support ticket here with information on how to reproduce the issue so the team can take a look?

Hi Joyce, yes, I’ve submitted a support ticket with the steps to reproduce the issue. Thanks!

Hi Joyce,

I’m also noticing issues with the standard dropdown and dropdown menu.

Artem_De already informed the issue with the dropdown menu but the dropdown select has an issue that when editing the option you already selected, it created a window like frame into the home page.

I’ve submitted a bug report but haven’t heard anything for 2 days.

This started happening 3 days ago when I exported the build code to cloudflare. I’ve tried regenerating the code multiple times but the issues still persist.

I’ve since uploaded reverted to a previous build code that didn’t have the issue.

I have not made any changes to the dropdowns between the working code and the current ones. this issue is consistent across all 15+ pages in my site. I believe the build code generator is malfunctioning.

Hoping for a fix so we can continue our development and plans as this issue has delayed it significantly.

Thanks.

Hey @Iluth :waving_hand:

I couldn’t find the ticket you created based on the email you have in the community forum. Would you mind sending me the ticket id in a private message so I can take a look and check its status?

Hi Joyce, the ticket number is #132348317. I’ve since noticed that when I disable pre-rendering on all pages, the problems seem to disappear.

Ok great, thank you! The team is looking into it