Passing id to the next page to view detail

Hi WeWeb team,

Awesome product, I’ve just watched the building a notion clone video. In that example, data is loaded into many variables on click to load in the next page - this was talked about in the video as a not so elegant way of doing this.

I’ve got an onclick event to create a userID variable and update it with the ID from the referenced row

Then the userdetail page uses that with a lookup formula to load the array which matches and filter by collumn
(not allowed to upload two images, I will post the second in comments)

Is this the way to do this? Are there other ways to load a page to edit or view more detail?

Hi @mrtheernie :wave:

Not sure I understand your use case.

Is it that you have a page with a list of items and, when a user clicks on an item, you want to redirect them to a new page with the details of that item?

If that’s the case, then this video on creating dynamic collection pages should help.

If you simply want to redirect a user to their profile page after they login, then I think the easiest way would be to:

1. add the authentication plugin of your choice to your project
  2. create login and user profile pages
  3. setup a login flow where the user is redirected to a profile page after logging in

1. log in as a user of your app (so you can access a user’s information)
  2. display the current user’s data on the profile page

Does that help?

Hey @Joyce , thank you for the response. I was just seeing if I can make a website that does things and I thought a table called users that I can update names and stuff would be a good start.

I’ve since become twice as experienced in WeWeb and I’ve realised there are many ways to do any one thing

Keep up the good work, this thing is great and I especially appreciate the tutorials which I really needed. Many thanks for the very thoughtful response to a question that wasn’t.