Out of the box table sort functionality

I am evaluating weweb and retool for our customer; I am not able to find any out of the box functionality to sort on any columns; found some postings about creating methods with icons which I think is really error prone and time consuming;

This will be a deal breaker for us;
most of the other nocode tools have this; retool has it; even the free datatables.net has it

let me know if this is available and I am missing something

Hey, WeWeb, unlike the others you mentioned might not have this out of the box, but the fact that you can create it, is imo a huge plus, because WeWeb, gives people a lot of freedom to be pixel perfect and do whatever you want. Once you hit the wall in the tools you mentioned, you’re just stuck, often with no way out. Depends on what you’re looking for, if it’s a fast ready made solution, then I’m afraid, weweb can help only so much. If you’re looking for design freedom, to create a production ready app that doesn’t limit you in any way, then WeWeb is the right choice.

1 Like

perhaps i am missing the “out of the box” comment, but Weweb has functionality to sort tables - quite easy actually.

Hi @nocode101 :wave:

Yeah, you’re right. It is error prone and time consuming and something we’re looking to improve in the near future. We are waiting for the release of components to offer new table elements with more out-of-the-box features that cover the most common use cases, including sorting columns.

The first few should come out by the end of the year.

In the meantime, if you’d like, feel free to send me a private message with a link to your project and I’ll drop a table I created with the sorting option on a new page.

It will still be some work but at least you’ll have the frontend logic to get you started. (If you’re working with large datasets, for performance reasons, you’ll want to translate that logic into backend logic so the sort happens server-side instead of in your user’s browser)

Are any of these updated table components ready yet? Working on a data heavy project and it would be helpful to have backend sort and filter out of the box for the data tables.