NPM Plugin PDF Generator

Has anyone already had experience with the NPM plugin and a PDF generator? Can I use html2pdf and if so, would anyone be willing to show me the process to generate a PDF? Will we get more video content about the NPM plugin and how it works? Perhaps different examples that are a bit more complex?

Also interested in this

1 Like

I made a QR code example that walks through some of the considerations for working with the NPM plugin here:

2 Likes

For the HTML2PDF in particular - you can see in the source code from unpkg that it contains references to other node packages and so can’t be loaded using UMD, which is the technique that the weweb plugin uses:

You might use the techniques from my vid to check out alternative packages to see if they work better. This kind of thing rewards the shopper’s mindset (part of State Change principle #2: be curious) , or even the “bargain hunter” who is willing to shop more than is reasonable to find the right deal.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll check this out and will definitely provide some feedback! Have you taken a look at something like jsPDF from Npm? I believe it would be extremely interesting for many no-coders around here. :wink: I, and perhaps several others, would even be willing to pay for a short course on it.

Happy Day!

1 Like

Cool idea! I tried loading in jspdf a couple of different ways - does not appear to be very UMD friendly.

RIght now, Weweb is working off an old, ill-maintained index called npms.io so new packages won’t show up in the NPM plugin. But when Weweb starts supporting newer packages there will, I think be a flood of npm packages that do simple things like packing node-focused tools for UMD delivery in weweb.

2 Likes