My self hosting dream 😍 (weweb + yunohost)

Hello everyone, and particularly the WeWeb tech team :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you ever considered wrapping your weweb server and auth repositories as Yunohost apps ?

About Yunohost

In case you don’t know it, Yunohost is an awesome linux distrib that allows extremely easy deployment and updates of open source apps.

Basically, it’s a common framework for an open source set of deployment scripts, handling install / uninstall / update of apps with several services to manage (a DB, several services, whatever is needed for the app to correctly work)

It’s made by a mostly french community and their work is very nice : YunoHost • index

Why Yunohost and WeWeb ?

Yunohost makes it very easy for company / structures that don’t have a tech team or good knowledge of infrastructure / linux server management to self host stuff.

At the moment I would really love to self host our weweb app, and that would be a huge added value for our NGO structure and community which values data privacy (a lot), but I’m a bit afraid of the difficulty and future maintenance.
For the context we don’t have a tech team apart myself, just volunteers, and I’m just in my structure for short term contract :sweat_smile:

Having an open source “playbook” to install weweb server and needed services would be :

• For us a very good addition to stick a bit more to the WeWeb product
  • I guess for all the freelance prototypers I’ve seen on this forum a very practical way to host a first version for their clients ! Even with no or low server management knowledge

I hope we’ll have the occasion to discuss that, I really dream of a world where any NGO could easily host a WeWeb / Supabase combo to create its own secure and self hosted app :face_holding_back_tears:

Hi @NicolasLatitudes :wave:

Actually we are working on a nice update that should make this much easier :slight_smile:

What a teasing :upside_down_face:

Can’t wait to hear about that !
(also, I’d be more than happy to discuss the topic if some user feedback is needed !)