Mouse pointer disappearing on overflowing element

I have a follow-up question to this thread. Setting overflow:visible on my parent datagrid did work to get the dropdown to fully display, thanks @luka. But the mousing behavior is finicky - the pointer is disappearing when it moves outside the datagrid - see loom. Any way to fix that please?

It works fine for me when replicated with a datagrid and a select cell. Could you post a screenshot of your navigator to see your elements?

@luka It’s a Select element in a custom cell. I tried using a Select cell from within the datagrid but this column isnt bound to any datagrid data so I can’t get the dropdown to always display.

I tried the exact same thing and it works fine for me. Maybe you could try putting the ‘Input select’ outside the ‘Select’ div?

@luka Tried that, didn’t work. BUT, I figured it out. I have a div with other elements in it below the datagrid. If I apply a large margin to the bottom of the datagrid, big enough that it pushes the div out of range of the dropdown when it’s open, that fixes it. But that’s not acceptable as then the div is too low. I tried setting overflow:visible on the div and also the section housing both the datagrid and div, but neither of those worked. Is this a bug?

you should solve this by setting a higher z-index on the datagrid itself than the elements below

1 Like

Fixed it immediately. Thanks @luka.