Migrate/import from bubble or figma?

I don’t suppose there is any way to import a design from bubble or some kind of migration tool?

What about from figma or other design tools?

1 Like

Hi Jay!

Unfortunately, no. We don’t have a design import feature.

We worked on a Figma integration last year that worked well on desktop but there were two problems:

1. designers had to be very opinionated: they had to use auto layouts only

2. it was impossible to find a good solution for mobile without setting up crazy workarounds in Figma and WeWeb because Figma only sent the information for one design and not the information for both the desktop and mobile.

In the end it was faster to integrate properly directly in the WeWeb editor.

Do you have an example of a design you would have liked to import?

I don’t have a design file, I have a fully built bubble app actually.

The WeWeb builder is not super intuitive to me and I thought it might be easier to design and import

2 Likes

Got it!

Well, we definitely can’t import your Bubble project as is but, if you’d like to send us a link to your project or share a few screenshots, I could record a few tutorial videos to help you get started.

Or if you prefer, we can jump on a 10-15 minute call at your convenience so I can walk you through the editor in WeWeb?

Would you find that helpful?

1 Like

The app is behind a beta wall but I can DM some screenshots. Although a quick walkthrough would be very helpful, thanks!

1 Like

Ok cool, let’s do it!

Here’s a link to my calendar. Feel free to book any time that’s convenient for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @jay :wave:

Here’s a link to the video I made for you.

Let me know if it helps.

Next week, I’ll record a series of videos focused on using the editor. I’ll explain why using flexboxes is best practice for responsive design and how to use them.

Tried to do that in this video but it’s a little bit all over the place as I was discovering your project at the same time! :sweat_smile:

Would it be okay if I used your project as an example when I record the tutorials for the academy next week?

1 Like

By the way, just learned something new in the editor 5 minutes after recording your video!

If you need to change the styling of several elements in one go (for example, text size or padding, etc.), you can multi-select them and make the change:

1 Like

Thank you for the extensive recording. Feel free to use it in your tutorials!

I’ll ping you if I get stuck again but this is very helpful!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you found it helpful :slight_smile:

FYI, for the user authentication side of things, we’re planning to update the plugin this week to make it much more intuitive so don’t worry if it doesn’t come naturally. I’ll be recording tutorials to get everything up and running in no time!

1 Like