Locking pages based on Users Roles from Xano

Hi, We are looking for a method of preventing people from accessing pages by retyping the URL once they are logged in.

We use Xano authentication for users, which includes role-based permissions. At a page level is there a way of blocking access if people are not in the right groups?

I’m currently trying to do this via a workflow on the page, but it doesn’t work on the live app.

Any help would be appreciated

I may be confused on what you are trying to do “preventing people from accessing pages by retyping the URL once they are logged in.”

Are you just needing to restrict access based on the role/group? If so, use the Private Access on the page:

1 Like

Hi Kevin, Thanks for coming back to me. Sadly because we Xano to manage our users, we can create these groups on weweb but can’t then add users to them. I was hoping to create a work around.

@MVCMark what do you mean you can’t add to them? Are you using the Xano auth plugin?

You will manage the users in the Xano table with the Xano auth plugin or the generic auth plugin pointed towards the correct endpoint in Xano if you need more customization.

You can make pages private just by using the auth plugin, and setting private access based on roles… I think there is a tutorial, I can check when I’m at a desktop.

1 Like

Here is the tutorial: 🔑 Xano Authentication