Likely a bug: invalid input syntax for type uuid: ""

Context
My app uses OpenAI to generate responses using an input the user fills out on the front-end of the app. The workflow looks something like this:

1. OpenAI chat completion (with inputs from user)
  2. Iterator (for loop)
  3. Supabase: Insert (within the iterator)
    3.a. For each response from OpenAI (can generate multiple responses at once), create a new table record

This has been working fine until late last week (I think up until the most recent WeWeb UI update? The update that made the editor panel on the right a more uniform charcoal grey).

Issue
While going through the workflow, everything is fine until I get to the Supabase: Insert workflow action. The preceding chat completion and iterator actions do what they are supposed to. I’ve been receiving this error message

invalid input syntax for type uuid: “”

I interpret this to mean that the data being fed to Supabase from WeWeb for the primary key field (‘id’) is a text value instead of whatever supabase uses for uuid fields. However, in the Insert workflow action in WeWeb, the ‘id’ field is left blank, with the placeholder text ‘gen_random_uuid()’.

Has anyone else experienced this issue recently?

Hi @michaeln :wave:

If nothing changed on your side and it was working before, it’s probably a bug. Don’t hesitate to report it here so the tech team can take a look.

I have run into the same issue. Only select those fields for which you need to enter a value - anything with a default value in the database can be omitted.

In your case, ‘uncheck’ your id field under the Fields dropdown.

Initially All Fields are visible.

instead —>

1 Like

This worked! Thanks for the recommendation - didn’t even dawn on me.

1 Like