I've Officially Migrated from Bubble to WeWeb!

It’s been a long journey if you include the months of research and testing, but I’m excited to officially re-launch my price comparison app on WeWeb!

Where I Came From
I’ve been using Bubble for the past 2 years but early on in my journey I realized that Bubble’s built-in DB wasn’t ideal for the complex backend logic I needed (pulling in pricing data 24/7 across the web from various merchants and then transforming that data into a clean, unified database). So for the past year I’ve been using Bubble & Xano which overall has been great but I started to realize that for my niche, SEO had to be a priority. That’s where WeWeb’s static collections came in.

Now, all of my products will be able to have their own SEO-optimized static page which also means they are automatically included in WeWeb’s generated sitemap! This is huge because unless you Bubble pages associated with a data type (from Bubble’s own DB) my pages populated by a 3rd party API weren’t included on the sitemap, which means I lost a ton of organic traffic when I switched to Xano’s DB.

One Complaint…
I will say this about WeWeb; my biggest gripe by far is how slow testing the site can be. With Bubble, you’re literally building ON the testing server so the second I make a change, in another clean browser window (or separate device) I can be testing my changes. Being forced to quickly test site changes (without having to go through the lengthy publish process) inside of WeWeb’s editor feels like something you’d see on Weebly or Squarespace. There is a lot to love about WeWeb, but boy do I miss how fast and easy it was to publish changes to a site on Bubble.

Moving Forward with WeWeb
So what’s next? Now that the site has been recreated with WeWeb (along with some feature upgrades for users), some of the big things I’ll be building out is evergreen (blog style) content pages for SEO as well as some AI-powered features to help consumers match up with the perfect product for their needs and using WeWeb to build these things will make it much easier!

10 Likes

Wow, this is awesome, Brandon. Congrats!

There’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes to improve the editor’s performance as more and more people build on WeWeb.

I’d love to share your project with our tech team so they can use it as a benchmark. Could you send me the link and credentials to work with test data in a direct message?

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, I’,m happy to send any data I can to help WeWeb excel! I’ll send you details on DM.

2 Likes