In your opinion, what are our main differences versus Bubble?

Hey everybody :wave:

I need your help :pray:

We want to improve our WeWeb vs Bubble page, as this one is becoming kinda old. To be honest, I’m no big Bubble user, so I would feel like an usurper updating it on my own.

And as we have many Bubblers in the community, I thought I’d ask you! Also, having this feedback in your own words makes it more relatable to others :purple_heart:

In your opinion, what would be the main differences in using WeWeb versus Bubble?
Why did you switch from Bubble to WeWeb?
In what situation would you use WeWeb or would you still use Bubble?

Thanks for your help :vulcan_salute:

That’s like comparing an iPhone 15 and a Motorola Razr V3

2 Likes

Hahaha while I love the comparison, you’re not helping me bro :stuck_out_tongue:

A unordered and incomplete list of great things of weweb that are missing in bubble:

• loops and control flow in workflows
  • per-workflow exception handling
  • actions return values
  • native js escape hatch
  • global workflows
  • global variables
  • global functions
  • can use class (I mean css class) and attributes directly
  • can set a lot more css with the nocode interface, and can bind a direct css value anyway
  • more working components
  • more working integrations
  • sane developer experience for custom components with modern tools, that allows to fully integrate with the platform. Having the component’s code running directly in the editor is great for fast direct preview, but also a limit to have only components that belong to your organization. In bubble every component’s preview is in a sandboxed iframe, which is great for security but slow and very limited. I wonder what will be your approach for a marketplace.

Keep in mind that for a lot of people the value of bubble is in the bundle of services included in the package, which is the opposite of weweb’s approach of decoupling frontend and backend.

3 Likes

Thanks man, definitely helping :muscle:

1 Like
  • Bubble’s UI is clunky. Weweb’s UI is clean and modern.
  • Bubble’s pricing is not transparent. Weweb is.
  • Bubble has vendor lock in. Weweb allows you to use any back end.
  • It takes months to learn Bubble. In Weweb you can start building something nice looking immediately.
2 Likes

Very clear and helpful, thanks!

1 Like

For me having a UI kit out of the gate was a winner when I first started. I tried to force myself to use Bubble so many times, I simply didn’t want to do the heavy lift of UI work to try and make something look good. I even tried purchasing some of the Bubble UI kits, but to be honest they are just sort of a hack at best, and hard to maintain. Could I have made Bubble work? Sure. Did I want to spend all the extra effort on UI, nope.

1 Like