Is dynamic collection pages coming with Supabase?

Hi, I am trying to build a collection pages with Supabase data. I understand right now it isn’t an option. Will it be in the future? And how can I find another way to do it/workaround for now? I can’t use dynamic pages because that isn’t sufficient for my requirement.

From my understanding, right now weweb’s is offering client-side-rendering with the dynamic pages collection, and static site generation with the static collection pages, is that correct? If weweb’s were gonna implement this,

it will be server-side generated or incremental static regeneration? Again, how can I find a workaround before that is accomplished?

Hi,

What is coming is the possibility for users to define path parameters at page level.

For example, you will be able to define a profile page like that : /users/{{user_id}}/profile

And then, use the user_id as a context variable to fetch the user information in the page and display/bind it. It will still be client-side rendered.

If you need a workaround, you can use query params instead : /users/profile?user_id=1

Unfortunately, for now, you’re right, you can’t create a static collection page with supabase, and it’s not in the roadmap for the next weeks but I’m pretty sure we will end up adding it with others sources.

1 Like

I think this is sufficient enough for my use case. So the dynamic data inside will change according to the url right? Will this option/feature be available with supabase?

This feature will be plugin agnostic, and will work for all of them.
You will be able to bind your collection fetch to the url param, so your data will be changing depending on that.
Be aware that’s not including prerendering at the moment

Additional information: current Collection Page only work for static collection, and for the moment supabase does not support it, this is why it’s not possible with the current solution (but as Alexis mention, you can use query param)

2 Likes

Thank you @aurelie ! Perfect, I will be waiting for that