Install plugin in the root of the project

Hi all!

I’m pretty new to WeWeb, I have a use case for which I need to integrate my application with the SurveyJS library. First I tried to use the NPM plugin which I think does not work for this one (if you think it might work I’d be happy to get your help). Then I learned about custom components which in theory would be perfect but in practice I see in the SurveyJS documentation that I need to bind the plugin on the application (in the main file), I’m not sure if this is actually doable and since I would need to upgrade to a business plan to test this I’d prefer to ask you all before to be sure.

Hi @RomanMuz,
What was your problem when using the npm plugin?
At the moment there is no way to access the main Vue app instance, which is maybe what is blocking you. Do they have a way to just import a component rather than install them globally through a plugin?

Hi @aurelie,

Thanks for your response! First the issue with the npm plugin is that I could not find the survey-vue3-ui package (https://unpkg.com/survey-vue3-ui@1.9.130/survey-vue3-ui.umd.js) in the proposed list of packages, I could only find the survey-vue-ui which is not the same and is the wrong one since it is for previous versions of Vue. Then there is a bunch of require in the package and from what I’ve read in other posts, the NPM plugin does not work well with those (I might be wrong on this one as it seems that this package is bundled as UMD modules). Finally, and it will link with your last question, it seems that it is mandatory to install the plugin globally so I guess this would be an issue for the NPM plugin and I understand that it is an issue for custom components too unfortunately. Is this something that you think will be possible in the future ?

We are indeed already working on this subject, and beeing able to add a Vue plugin will be a possibility with our revamping of custom weweb plugin creation :). (yes we are reopening those for everyone)

2 Likes

Ah that’s great to hear! I’m looking forward to seeing this revamp go live then, thanks a lot Aurelie for your time!

This would be a great addition! Any idea on when this would be available?

For everyone with a paid workspace right?