Increased image file size after uploading to WeWeb?

Hi. I’m trying to understand why I’m seeing larger file sizes in production than the files I uploaded to WeWeb. The images were uploaded to the WeWeb CDN and referenced directly in the app.

Is this expected? Thanks!

If you download the file from the center, is it matching the original size or the displayed size In weweb?

You mean from Project Images or somewhere else? Via Project Images, if I access the direct cdn.weweb.io urls and download the image, I see the larger size, same as when I inspect in-browser.

Yes that’s what I was referring to. Was wondering If inmate is actually larger, or if weweb was just displaying a size incorrectly in the editor.

Hello. Can someone ( @Joyce ) answer why this is happening? I’m noticing the exact same thing after carefully optimizing image sizes, the sizes after uploading to WeWeb are 3-5 times the size (especially PNGs).

I have to use PNG’s in areas of my site, and the overall size of each page is way too big as a result of this bug. Can someone please respond and fix this issue ASAP?

1 Like

Mmm let me ask the tech team about this and get back to you asap!

Hi @Joyce - have you heard anything back from the team about this?

Hi, this is indeed a bug and we will look into it. I will create in internal ticket for it.

1 Like

Hi @Marc . I’m following up on this to see if any progress has been made on this bug? My site relies heavily on PNG files and it is really bloated right now as a result of this bug…

hi guys

When working with WeWeb and Xano -
Is there a preferred type of picture format one should use if a user has to upload pictures of their products in our platform.?

Yes, the fix was pushed to production yesterday

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Joyce - thanks for the update.