How to select multiple options at one go in the multiselect element?

Hi! I have a list of instructions using the multiselect input element. I want to group the instructions together and show the group in the dropdown as well, so that when the user clicks on the Group in the dropdown, all the instructions attached to the group of instructions populate into the bar.

I hope this makes sense. Is that possible? How do I do that?

Example, I can group “Hats are great” and “Write perfect English” in the same group (and maybe call it Group 1), and have Group 1 show up in the dropdown, so when I select Group 1, automatically, the 2 instructions are populated in the element.

Hi @raelyn :wave:

Not sure I understand.

Should users be able to select “Hats are great” or “Write perfect English” independently of each other as well or are both necessarily part of the same group?

Hey Joyce! So users can select A or B in the drop down, but then they can group both into a third option C In the drop-down. So when they select C, A and B automatically populated.

The use case for this is that users are selecting one or more instructions they want from a list of instructions they have saved previously.

But because they are usually using the same few sets of instructions (3-10 of them at the same time) over and over again, it’s much easier for them to ‘group’ various instructions together and click one option to have all 10 instructions populate in the multi select immediately.

I hope this makes sense!

Hi @raelyn :wave:

Ah ok. I don’t think this is doable with our multiselect but you could build your own using existing no-code elements from the UI kit.

For example with a dropdown element and several result containers with workflows that trigger the display of the different type of result container depending on user interactions.

Not easy to do but doable.

1 Like