Get Parameter from URL

Ah no!!

You are right! My bad! The Login with magic link logs in the user but only returns the auth token. The user tab will remain empty.

You indeed need to bind to the auth token returned by Action 1. Will update the docs asap.

Apologies for the confusion!

2 Likes

@Joyce I’m having a similar issue to what Kevin mentioned. However because we are using passwordless authentication I’m not logging the user back in after aquiring the Auth token.
So I have the token and I can get the user-info but I don’t see how to store these in the “Xano Auth” variables.
Am I missing something or should I just create and store as new variables? Or update the Xano variables with JS

Thanks!

2 Likes

@cedric

You will need to use JavaScript to set the cookie and the accessToken in the Xano plugin if you are using that.

See this post:

3 Likes

Awesome, Thanks Kevin!

1 Like

Hey @Quentin , I am trying to retrieve my token from url using weweb page params. However, since the token contains unsupported characters, the page is giving 404. Can you please help here, if I am missing something.

If not, how can I retrieve the token from url? (context: I use Xano Auth plugin and adding magic link for reset password)

cc: @Joyce

Hi @akshatgarg :wave:

Apologies for the late reply. Can you create a new topic that walks us through your use case?

It would help a lot to see:

• how things are setup in WeWeb and Xano,
  • what happens when you click on the link in the email (a short screen recording would be awesome!)

Hey Joyce, I did create a separate ticket and received resolution. Below is the link of the respective ticket: