Filter function in the Query Configuration isn't retrieving database columns

Not sure if it’s just me… so polling to see if other people over here got the same problem.

It looks like the filter function in the query configuration isn’t retrieving database columns from Supabase (not sure if it’s also with other databases), while the same function worked an hour ago (before my coffee break). Not sure what happened in the meantime, I tried other tables for the past 30 minutes, but nothing seems to work.

It could be because you filtered too much or because you don’t have any items in your DB. Try to remove your filters, fetch your data, and configure them again

Its a limitation we have for now, we can’t parse your fields if you don’t have any results (if no items because you dont have any on your DB or because your filters return no results)

Hello, @Alexis thank you for your reply.

The funny thing is, I have made three of the same exact collection. And one of them was able to pull out the fields, while the other two didn’t.

But it’s only the filter part in the Query Configuration, but in the (table) configuration, I do see all the fields and am able to select them all.

Update: Let me play with Supabase’s side… maybe the ‘problem’ lies there.

So this is what I found.

My policies in Supabase are set, so only the user that is bonded to that column can see them. Meaning I had to login in WeWeb’s front end with that user is able to see the database fields of the database.

A bit cumbersome, but it worked.

1 Like

Ah yes, we use the private key for everything in the editor except datasource related stuff because we want you to be able to see what the connected user will see using your app.

Else, people would not be able to test RLS without publishing the app !

3 Likes

Sounds fair. But it would be easier for noobs like me if it was written somewhere. :sweat_smile:

But thank you for your answer.

1 Like