File upload to external cloud storage via Xano

Hi there,

I watched the tutorial about uploading files to Xano. Result is a file in the public library, which is added to a specific table.

Because this is not suitable I have the plan to use external cloud file storage like Google Cloud Storage or Amazon S3 instead of Xano (private) file storage. The integration between Xano and external cloud storage is documented, so this shouldn’t be a problem to implement.

Regarding Weweb, the proposed process flow is as follows:

Upload

• Upload file from Weweb to Xano
  • Transfer file from Xano to external cloud storage (it seems that the file resource input parameter in Xano can be used for uploading to external cloud storage)
  • If needed, delete the file from Xano library

View/Download

• GET request from Weweb to Xano
  • Xano will generate a signed URL to return to Weweb
  • URL is used to download file or view the file in the Weweb front-end.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to directly upload a file from Webweb to Xano and (via Xano) transfer it directly to external cloud storage, without storing the file in Xano public library? Or will the file be added to public library, which I need to delete after the file is successfully transferred to the external cloud storage.
  2. Is my assumption correct regarding the proposed flow for viewing/downloading files from external cloud storage in Weweb via Xano?

Thanks for sharing insights on this.

Figured it out myself. Creating attachment (metadata) in Xano creates the public file. Instead of this the file resource that is used as input can also be passed to the Cloud storage upload.

1 Like

Nicely done! Thanks for taking the time to share the solution with the rest of the community. Appreciate it :slight_smile: