Upload File to Xano Tutorial?

Is there a tutorial on how to upload files to Xano? All of the things I see in the forum require custom javascript, not really my fortay, I could really use some help with this.

2 Likes

Hi @patopt,

We have this tutorial in our documentation to upload a file to Xano: ⬆️ File Upload

Hope it helps you :slight_smile:

this relys on the weweb cdn which then in turn would require us to remove the file eventually from the weweb cdn. is there any way to bypass this and send the file directly to xano?

1 Like

Yes it’s possible, it’s explain in our doc on this page: File Upload | Weweb documentation

i’ll go check out the docs! thank you

Link is no longer working. Just looking for the javascript. Any chance you could send it over?

Here he link: File Upload | Weweb documentation

1 Like

Are you planning to support direct upload to Xano in pure NoCode without having to use JavaScript?

Yes, planned, not sure exactly for now if it will be a separate action or an improvement on top of the Xano request action.

Would love to know when this feature might be coming. Do you have a date in mind for this? The current solution is the one major obstacle I am finding, as I keep getting error messages and all the fixes feel just too code-intensive right now for me to understand, despite trying. Once I can easily post photos (multiple is important) and docs straight to xano I’ll be so happy, but right now it’s proving a major painpoint. Otherwise I am enjoying weweb and xano’s interaction.

Sorry I’ve still no date for it but it moved forward recently.

New actions about file management should be implemented in the next 30 days. One of them will allow you to convert a file in base64 format. This format can be sent to Xano with the standard Xano request action.

That’s fantastic thank you for the update! :slight_smile:

P.s will this new fileformat approach bypass weweb storage? So it will go straight to xano in a GDPR safe way?

Thanks!

Yes, you will be able to use your file directly inside the convert action, then send it to xano. The file will never be sent to WeWeb :slight_smile:

Amazing! Thanks Alexis, appreciate the efforts you and the team are putting in!

1 Like

Hello :wave:

We recently released a new no-code action for workflows: Encode file as Base64

This new action allows you to upload files directly to a Xano backend without writing a line of code.

Here’s the video tutorial we made on the topic:

3 Likes

Hi @Joyce, thanks for that video and really happy to see that more is being added to help with files. I’m not sure what’s going on, but it looks like this doesn’t work for some zipped files. Some of them are zipped and stored elsewhere until downloaded again, others are zipped on Windows 11. Both of them return this as the Base64 encoded file value:

“application/x-zip-compressed”

I’ve done this with a number of file types, and zip files is the only one that’s having problems so far. For the zip files that are encoded and sent to Xano that do work, the workflow fails and gives me this response in Xano:

When I add a step to “Create URL from Base64 endcoding”, I get a blob address but an error from Xano:

Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

@Joyce thank for the tutorial. I will try it out.

Question. Is it possible to have the files stored as private file instead of public file in Xano? Is this a setting to be configured in Xano?

Yes in xano

1 Like