Embedding another website into my WeWeb app

We are working with a partner and we need to integrate their functionality into our web app. The only option they can support for us currently is a link to their site which will be branded with our branding.

What we would like to do is at least display those pages from their site within our site. I am thinking that an iframe might work. We would also like to be able to systematically fill out certain fields on those pages. Is that possible if I use an iframe?

Thanks.

I think ChatGPT answered this for me but if anyone has anything to add please do.

Hi @Dorian :wave:

Not sure I understand your use case.

You have a WeWeb app and would like to embed someone else’s website in your WeWeb project? That should be doable with an iframe yes.

We have a number of users doing this the other way around with WeWeb apps that are embedded in a Webflow page.

Not sure about this part though: “We would also like to be able to systematically fill out certain fields on those pages.”

I guess that will depend on how they built those forms / fields.

1 Like

Thanks @Joyce. I’m not sure if we now need this use case so will close this question for now. Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Inter-frame communication is a cool topic! ChatGPT summed up the key issues well.

Postmessage is the key to making these work for for embed SDKs (like many forms) that use iframes under the covers.

ETA: I appreciate that you’ve avoided the situation for now, but for others who look at this - it’s a fun domain!

1 Like