Display text tooltip on hover

Hello!

I’ve been dabbling with WeWeb for my new website. It has a bunch of semi-complex functionality, and WeWeb has been working so well for me! One of the things I want to do is show a text tool tip on hover over an image element (eg hover over my picture to display my name). Is this possible currently? I’ve attached an image for reference. I hovered over the pencil and got this tooltip.

TIA!

2 Likes

Hi @pranavpathak.91 :wave:

Yes, you could:

• design a tooltip message,
  • bind its display to a boolean variable that has the default value “false”, and
  • create workflows that change that variable value on mouse enter and on mouse leave

Does that make sense?

1 Like

And success! Thank you!

1 Like

Yey! Well done @pranavpathak.91 :raised_hands: :grinning:

Just to add more info for those who still don’t know how to close & open the tool tip.

You need to add “!” on the formula to have open & close functionality

See the screenshot below

1 Like

This thread is great and helpful! I found that binding the variable to the tooltip’s opacity works nicely too - you get a smoother reveal and hide, if that’s something you are interested in

3 Likes

What is the purpose of the formula and exclamation point? Cant we just have two workflows like this?

1. On Mouse Enter → Change variable to True
  2. On Mouse Leave → Change variable to False
2 Likes

Yes you can. You could also reset the variable on mouse leave (assuming it’s default is false).

1 Like