Display a different value upon being selected- Dropdown element

Hello guys, I have a dropdown input, with different options. I want to configure the dropdown such that once something is selected, I show a different value.
If i select Option “new item”, the input will show “Vendor Name”. Any option i select will always show “Vendor Name” instead.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.28.32

I tried to use the free layout option but I’m lost on how to do it, does anyone have an idea?

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 11.28.40

Hi @edbernal :wave:

Ok so I’m not 100% sure I understand what you’re trying to attempt. Here’s a video I recorded for you on how to use the select element to display different selected options.

I don’t think I was able to answer your question so don’t hesitate to follow up to help me understand better.

Hello @Joyce thanks for your answer, i just record a video to try to explain what i want to reach, Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom let me know if this works, thank!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Yes, it makes a lot of sense. I thought that might be what you were trying to do but wasn’t sure.

Let me try on my side and get back to you asap :slight_smile:

Hello Joyce, I wanted to know if you were able to review this, I appreciate the support. :smiley:

Hi @edbernal :wave:

Yes, I asked the team and they said that they’re not sure if this is possible with the current version of the select. It requires a minor modification of the element.

For now, you would need to make the selection manually in no-code, using a hover dropdown and a repeat for example. It should be fine if you don’t have too many options.

Does that make sense?