Difference between Dynamic and Cached collections

Hello everyone,
I don’t understand why Dynamic collections are Bindable, while Cached collections are not!
How do I set up an API request for a Cached collection? There’s something I’m missing, and I haven’t found any documentation, the only link I found gives a 404 error.
In my context, I would like to put in “Cached” several hundred API request variants that return different information depending on the value of the keys loaded in the Queries string, I was thinking of creating a workflow with a scheduled trigger in the morning allowing me to put in “Cached” all the API requests that could be requested during the day and refresh every 1/2 hour those that would be likely to change during the day.
Is this approach feasible?
There are different methods for managing a “Cached” mode, I would like to know the one from weweb to be able to exploit it as best as possible.
As a reminder, the configuration interfaces for collections in Dynamic and Cached mode

Thank’s, Tchicken.

You won’t be able to use the workflow, bacause the Static (cached) collections get updated (re-rendered) only when you Republish the whole project, that’s also why peobably it is not possible to bind, because it wouldn’t make sense and could potentially cause issues. You of course could pull off the workflow you mention, but you’d need to use the WeWebs webhooks that as far as I know require the yearly subscription.

Thanks Broberto,
I have an annual Scale plan, can you point me to what you are describing please?

You can hit the WeWeb’s API to re-Publish the site via a REST call. Check out this reference

1 Like