CSS Grid Enhancements

Hi,

It’s great to see CSS Grid coming to WeWeb, but at first sight, it feels limited compared to Webflow. I’d like more flexibility with setting rows and columns, particularly when auto-generated. For example, in Webflow, you can have one column of 1FR and then set auto-columns at a different base value of 0.25FR or even Min/Max Values like Auto, 1FR. Another major feature that appears to be missing is named Grid Areas, which are incredibly useful and give a much higher level of specific design control.

It also seems peculiar that when you add an initial Div to the Canvas, it’s automatically called ‘Flexbox’ even if you change it to a Grid in the Display settings and if you add a Class (no right-click to do so). Perhaps I’m missing something, but this makes the elements on the Canvas harder to manage.

Thanks
Glenn

1 Like

As with most things, for the first release we’re aiming for something compact, but working really well.

That said, thank you for the suggestions, I already noted them down for the next improvement of the grid