Be careful with new grid element/display functionality (all Apple mobile devices + Safari on Mac aren't supported)

I’ve been dealing with a bug since I implemented the new grid element/display functionality (released with WeWeb Summer 2024 release) and I heard back from support today.

The grid element/display is not supported for any Apple-produced mobile device (iPhone, iPad) — despite the browser running on that device. Chrome on iOS/iPadOS does not work either. Further, Safari on Mac doesn’t work.

Here are some images showing the issues that I am experiencing in my production app.

Grid elements expand beyond expected sizing

ETA for resolution from WeWeb support is after the summer. In the meantime, there is nothing that can be done. The Columns element was deprecated with the release so can’t fallback to that.

Expected visualization is present in the preview in WeWeb editor, but same expectation doesn’t pass into production.

To a certain degree this was also happening previously when you flex sizing of the container with dynamic cells. I had to implement max-height for iOS issues where auto-height resulted in unnecessary blank spaces.

Disappointed to hear the new grid still has the problem and a quick fix isn’t planned.

1 Like

i have the same issue on my end… have you gotten an update on when this will be resolved by weweb?

You need to set the wrapper to block, not flex. It is not a WeWeb thing, but a browser (Safari) thing.

@Broberto thank you a lot.

only saw your reply after testing it on Browserstack and asking chatgpt :see_no_evil:

1 Like