Code Export suggestion

Hi,

So my question is about code export. I see that code export is included in te annual plans. I think this is a bad practice. I use |FlutterFlow and planning to move to WeWeb for web apps, but to be honest, I do not want to pay ~400 + VAT for something that I have not seen. I am (and I think most of us) are interested in exporting the code. I might be wrong but you guys bult a brilliant platform and you lose sh*tloads of potential costumers. Most low-code platforms die out because we are locked in. You say we are not, but we are unless we buy the annual subscribtion. Well. Most of us would buy a monthly subscribtion but not an annual. I am, personally rather suffering with FlutterFlow Web. If you had a monthly subscription with code export, I would change to WeWeb right now.

Not everyone can afford 4-500 . If your software is good, we will renew the monthly subscription anyway. Why do you force the annual plan for code export?

just an example. I live in the UK and I could afford the ~400 USD + VAT, if I wanted to. But. I am originally from Hungary, where my wage was about $300 / month. Many countries are even worse. I also lived in the US and I know that for most peopel $400 is not much over there, but your potential costumers are from all over the world. FF code export is available for the monthly plans. Dittofi code export also. You will lose this game if on the long term, even if your software is better than theirs. Code export is a MUST, thats why people are leaving platforms like Bubble. Please consider this.

Ohh I forgot the main thing. Can you provide a sample exported code so we coukld at least see what we subscribe to?

Many thanks

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! Before moving to our current pricing model, we thought long and hard about what it should look like, what use cases we wanted to support, and what pricing models, the primary objective being creating value for our users and sharing that value with them.

The final result was always going to be a compromise, but our hope was to satisfy the majority of WeWeb’s target users, and based on the feedback we have received since April, we succeeded in doing that. We listened carefully to our community and addressed things we needed to get right after the initial rollout of the new plan - like the plugin limit on the Starter license, which we removed a while ago.

The pricing or business model is far from perfect and never will be. We realize that USD pricing does not work well in countries with lower USD GDP and/or unfavorable local currency vs. USD exchange rate (Brazil is a great example). While we recognize that this makes WeWeb “expensive” in many countries, we have no plans to implement any regional pricing at this point as it would not be feasible for us as a company in the era of VPN.

Regarding code export and self-hosting - we are very proud of this feature but, statistically speaking, it is not a must, as the vast majority of WeWeb users use the WeWeb infrastructure to deploy their apps. And building apps using our no-code editor and deploying them on our infrastructure is the primary use case for WeWeb - as opposed to some other platforms where the user is expected to “bring their infrastructure” as default.

To accommodate this secondary use case, we offer best-in-class code export and self-hosting as a premium feature tied to the annual license for either Starter or Scale project plans. We recognize that others do it differently, but it is never an apples-to-apples comparison; different tools serve different audiences with different features, and different objectives.

We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying WeWeb, and we wish our pricing or business model aligned more with your objectives. However, we are not planning to change our business model at this time since it seems to work very well for our target user base, as evidenced by the dramatic growth of WeWeb adoption worldwide.

Finally, to get code samples, please contact our support and they will share the samples with you.

1 Like